Creating an AlgebraKiT account
Follow the steps below to setup your AlgebraKiT account. If you have already created an account and an API key you can skip this section.
- Go to management.algebrakit.com.
- Click "sign up" and follow the steps to create your account.
- After completing the registration procedure, click "Manage Account".
You will need an API Key to use AlgebraKiT and on this page you can create one. In the "Create new API Key" section, fill in an App ID for your key and the domain from which you will be using AlgebraKiT. For instance, a website called "My App" running at my-website.com can have "my-app" as its App ID and "my-website.com" as its domain (see image below). Submit.
After your key has been generated you can copy it to your clipboard so it can be stored somewhere safe (see image below). Keys are only shown to you once immediately after their creation so don't forget to copy it. If you lose the key somehow, you need to generate a new one. Note: This key has been generated specifically for your account. Never share it with others or store it on a public server
Choosing an AlgebraKiT Exercise
Exercises can be edited in the AlgebraKiT Content Management System (CMS) and are organised in Courses. Whenever a new account is registered a course containing a few example exercises is created. You can add new exercises or edit the examples to customize your course. The CMS has its own help center that shows how to author exercises (you need to be logged into the CMS to access the help center).
- Go to the AlgebraKiT CMS.
- Login using the account you created in the previous section.
- Click "Authoring" and choose "Courses".
- A Course with a name corresponding to your name is shown, click on the course name to open the course.
- Navigate to the "Exercise examples" folder. A number of example exercises are shown.
- Click on the exercise names to preview the exercises. Close the preview and pick an exercise you like.
- Click on the icon to the left of to the exercises and choose "Copy exercise ID to clipboard".
- Save the exercise ID somewhere, you will need it in the next section.
Running the Exercise in your application
How you will proceed depends on how you want to use AlgebraKiT. There are plugins available for Moodle and WordPress. Alternatively, you can create your own integration. For this purpose you can use the API Documentation and code examples. You will need the API Key and Exercise ID from the previous sections regardless of the plugin or integration method that you use.